Tuesday, May 02, 2006

 

Drinking Liberally Roundup

I didn't know what to expect when I approached the 331 Club this evening. It's an unassuming building in Northeast Minneapolis, yellow on the outside, dark on the inside. I walked in, and was greeted by Markos waiting inside the door.

This should be interesting.

Markos was kind enough to sign my copy of Crashing the Gates, and asked me a few questions about the local blogosphere - namely, are we organized in any way? To be honest, I didn't know the answer - we all read each other pretty regularly, right? Does that count? But do we (left-of-center bloggers) know exactly how many unique visitors we get every week in aggregate? Do we have a mechanism for measuring our readerships' contributions to progressive campaigns? Ideas swirled. More to come.

While waiting for Markos to speak, I met, in no particular order, Flash of Centrisity, PZ Myers of Pharyngula, Rew of PowerLiberal and DFLSenate, MNObserver, Da Wege of Norwegianity, David Kirchner of The Analyst, The Cucking Stool...Eva Young of LloydLetta and Shawn Towle of Checks and Balances were also there, but I didn't get a chance to say hi. Quite the crowd. I'll have to go back at some point when turnout's not quite as heavy and there's no national blogstar in our midst.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Google
Web
MNCR