Thursday, April 13, 2006

 

Almost the Weekend

I apologize for the utter lack of creativity in my recent post titles. I will improve upon this starting .... tomorrow. For today, however, tune in tonight for my interview with Christian Sande, candidate for Secretary of State!

Don't let that make you stop reading right now, though. I'll be updating my link tables to include direct links to all interviews I conduct with candidates or other figures in and around Minnesota's political scene.

DK over at The Analyst has yet another insightful research post up regarding long-term changes in Minnesota politics over the last twenty-five years. This guy is great, and the maps provide a constant and refreshing break from the ALL-TEXT-ALL-THE-TIME experience most of my compadres and I provide in our spaces.

Lost in the shuffle of John McCain's recent visit to Minnesota in support of Tim Pawlenty was the fact that Senator McCain also stopped to make an appearance at a fundraiser for Gil Gutknecht - which, according to reports from Tim Walz's campaign, was something of a flop. McCain appearing with Pawlenty smacks of 2008 presidential politics, but for a sitting Senator to not be able to rally Republican donors to the aid of a sitting Congressman does not bode well for Mr. Gutknecht's reelection bid. OpenSecrets.org shows Gutknecht to be in okay shape, money-wise (Tim Walz is right there with him), but the symbolic failure of a purported GOP "All-Star" to match the fundraising prowess of his rival for the 2000 Presidential nomination might be a hitch in McCain's ambitions.

Did I forget to mention that McCain doesn't think Jerry Falwell is so bad anymore? Moderate leader my left foot.

Got a little dirt-digging project going on...with a bit more research, it may be worth posting. Until then, however, it'll have to remain a tantalizing plug right here at the end of the post. Make sure you come back to read about Christian Sande!

Comments:
----------------------------------------------
Blogger rew said:
Missed you at Drinking Liberally last night. Next week? I was looking forward to meeting you.
 
----------------------------------------------
Blogger StPaul_DFLer said:
"Got a little dirt-digging project going on..."

I don't like the sound of that at all. Digging for dirt? Or, digging through dirt?
 
----------------------------------------------
Blogger MN Campaign Report said:
Don't worry, it probably has nothing to do with you.
 
----------------------------------------------
Blogger StPaul_DFLer said:
Probably?
Now is the time for me to invest in one of those new condos in Wayzata.
Calling myself WayzataDFLer will narrow it down to about four people.
 
----------------------------------------------
Blogger MN Campaign Report said:
Yeah, those places look pretty nice.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Google
Web
MNCR