Monday, March 20, 2006

 

Convention Reports

Anyone who's already been to a Senate District or County convention, I would love to get reports on how they all went - who got delegates, anything interesting or out of the ordinary that went on. This could go for Republicans as well as Democrats. Hit up the comments, all the information we can get is great! As for me, I'm staying home from work today...woke up this morning and my face felt like it had been stuffed full of styrofoam. No good. I'll check back in periodically to see if anyone actually comments :-)

Comments:
----------------------------------------------
Blogger U-DFL said:
Itasca County has 12 delegates. Here's the breakdown for Governor:

Lourey-6
Hatch-4
Uncommitted-2

-Max
 
----------------------------------------------
Blogger Demrock6 said:
I am especially interested on info from the districts that make up CD6. Tinklenberg vs. Wetterling that is. Both said they would abide by the endorsment, both have good cash on hand. That being said both have some +/- factors going for them as well, in my opinion.
 
----------------------------------------------
Blogger MN Campaign Report said:
I agree with you, Demrock. With 80% turnout in 2004, it's possible that Wetterling really did hit her ceiling in the 6th at what, 47%? But then again, if turnout is down among conservative voters in 2006 and not left-leaners, she has a very reasonable shot. Tinklenberg definitely fits the natural profile of the district better, but I don't know how well he'll be able to rally the pro-choice base - or whether that will even matter. Some very interesting dynamics, for sure.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Google
Web
MNCR