Thursday, January 19, 2006

 

Patty Wetterling out? Also, apparently I'm a straw man

WCCO is reporting that Patty Wetterling's campaign won't deny the assertion that she's dropping out of the U.S. Senate race. There are several possibilities -

She accepts the rumored offer by Mike Hatch to be his running mate for Governor. Northern Debater and Publius are onboard with this one

She drops to the 6th CD race. Northstar Politics is looking toward this one, and it appears Checks and Balances are here as well.

She drops out of campaigning all together. I doubt this will happen, but who knows?
---
In other news, Republican Minnesota sometimes reads my blog. I agree wholeheartedly with RM that not all Democrats are without sin, and that not all Republicans are corrupt. And of course RM didn't say exactly the words I capitalized in my earlier post. None of these facts constitute a satisfactory response to my challenge - RM has not defined "Abramoff-tainted". The Republican Culture of Corruption is about the leadership of the Republican Party creating an environment in which their constituents and the vast majority of Americans are ignored in favor of allowing K Street lobbyists to influence, guide, even write the laws Congress enacts, and Republican Minnesota can no more change the reality of this corruption than answer my challenge to define "Abramoff-tainted money" without completely abandoning his original position.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Google
Web
MNCR