Tuesday, January 03, 2006

 

NYT Op-Ed piece

Very good Op-Ed piece from the NYT here on religion and American Politics both left and right. I consider myself to be somewhere in the middle of the religious spectrum - by no means am I completely secular, but by the same token, the use of religion by both parties as a partisan tool has gone a little far in my opinion. Religious groups need to really educate themselves as to how their values interact with the words and politics of lawmakers, both local and national...and frankly, that's where it should end. Show me a religious organization that cares about the common good, and I'd bet it could be argued that that same group wouldn't care so much about their lobbying efforts or their standing with politicians. But this is another post altogether. Perhaps I'll save it for keeping up to my new year's resolution. Flossing hurts, by the way, if you haven't done it in a while.

Woke up early this morning to see some blog headlines on Becky Lourey's staff hirings, and just had to do some research on the folks she's hired. More on them later today, and how I think it stands up in the sixty-six days left before precinct caucuses.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Google
Web
MNCR