Monday, January 09, 2006

 

Confirmation of Kelly/Kiscaden team

From Sheila Kiscaden's recent letter to DFL activists:
As an adult I became a Republican, but that was in the days that the Republican Party had an active moderate wing that believed strongly in the role of government in creating opportunity so all can prosper and in assuring social justice. The Republican Party has changed. My views and values have not and, like the prodigal, I am returning to the Democratic Party where I have been warmly welcomed and made to feel at home. But, as I have been welcomed back to the Democratic Party, a more difficult decision faced me.
...
I intended to run for re-election to the State Senate and notified my supporters of that intent in a letter mailed at the end of October. But I continued to keep an eye on other options and to ask myself, where can I make the biggest difference? Ultimately, I decided I could have greater influence to create these changes in Minnesota by following a different pathway. After urging by many different individuals and conversations with several candidates for Governor, I have decided to seek higher office.

It is fitting that you be among the first to know that I will be running for Lieutenant Governor with Kelly Doran, a successful businessman who, as you know, is running as a Democratic candidate for Governor.
Ms. Kiscaden is not the only disaffected Republican out there. She's absolutely correct - the Republican party used to have a vibrant moderate wing, members of whom are now few and far between at the national level. DFLers and Democrats across the country must do more to reach out to these disaffected moderates and work hard to emphasize the common values between the Moderate Right all the way to the Left.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Google
Web
MNCR