Friday, September 02, 2005

 

It's come to my attention....

It's recently come to my attention, through comments and non-electronic means, that some folks are reading in a negative tilt to my posts regarding Democratic candidates around the state. I hope you won't read too much negativity into anything I write here--I have neither voted nor worked for a Republican, and intend to keep up that trend.

Regardless of your position in the political world, whether a political professional, a delegate, or a caucus attendee, or just a casual observer, remember this: in our current state of affairs, it would take a lot for me to go negative against a fellow Dem. My critiques, especially of candidates' websites, are intended to be constructive in nature. I want every DFLer running for office to have excellent message and media management, great field operations, and a major part of introducing yourself to the grassroots supporters you'll need to fill your phone banks and walk door-to-door canvassing for you and stuff your envelopes is your website! People may not notice the things you do well when it comes to web design and content, but they will remember the things you don't do well.

However, it does make me feel good to know that people are reading my blog, even if only on an occasional basis. I promise to be more encouraging rather than critical in my future posts if you promise to keep reading :)

Comments:
----------------------------------------------
Blogger North Star Politics said:
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 
----------------------------------------------
Blogger North Star Politics said:
The problem probably stems, in part, from the fact that most people aren't familiar with the blogging style. Bloggers aren't going to pull their punches for a candidate just because they're a Democrat - if they're wrong, we're going to say so.
 
----------------------------------------------
Blogger MN Campaign Report said:
Ahh, I have to bite my tongue. You're right, of course, I just wish that Democrats could all realize what an advantage we have in this medium, get behind it, and exploit it.

Grumble, grumble.
 
----------------------------------------------
Blogger MN Campaign Report said:
And another thing--what's up with blogspot allowing people to remove comments after they've made them? If you want to say something, say it!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Google
Web
MNCR